Private Sector Funding
Call: 0860 040 302
Call: 0860 263 362
Call: 0860 116 400
- Standard Bank
Call: 0860 109 075
Offering: Each bank has its own suite of products aimed at start-up businesses. Be sure to assess what your finance needs are, and that you have a sound business plan backed up by the necessary skills and experience.
Related: How to Write a Funding Proposal
- Business Partners
Call: 0861 763 346
Offering: Business Partners offers both business loans and business property finance. Collateral requirements are determined case-by-case.
- South African Venture Capitalist & Private Equity Association (SAVCA)
Offering: SAVCA offers an extensive list of venture capital, private equity and investment firms. Full contact details for each member are included.
Some firms include:
- 4Di Capital – www.4dicapital.com
- Invenfin – www.invenfin.com
- Knife Capital – www.knifecap.com
- The Silicon Cape Initiative – www.siliconcape.com
- Stone Tree – www.stonetree.co.za
- Angel Hub– www.angelhub.co.za
Offering: Angel Funding for high-growth ventures seeking funding of between R1 million and R10 million.
Many large corporates are involved with Enterprise Development and you can potentially land some funding through one of these organisations:
- AngloAmerican’s Zimele Funds
- SAB KickStart
- Seed Engine
- Industrial Development Corporation (IDC)
Call: +27 (0)11 269 3000
Offering: The IDC is a financially self-sustainable entity playing a large role in ED. Each of its programmes has specific criteria for funding.
- Small Enterprise Financing Agency (SEFA)
Call: +27 (0)12 748 9600