This was further supported by Silicon Cape’s 2013 report: ‘The state of South Africa’s tech startup industry’ which found that two-thirds of startups don’t actively pursue funding at all because of entrepreneurs’ perception that there isn’t access to funds.
At Seed Academy we believe the ecosystem needs to work together to support entrepreneurs at every stage of their business. Financial support is needed at all stages of development to grow and scale successfully.
With this in mind, we are excited to host ‘Funding the Ecosystem through Speed Dating’.
- Help entrepreneurs understand the funding requirements of the different funders i.e. DFIs, Banks, Angel Investors and Venture Capitalists
- To give funders a better understanding of the types of businesses and up & coming entrepreneurs across sectors.
- Entrepreneurs get an opportunity to pitch their business or idea to potential funders utilising one platform
- Funders have an opportunity to grow their deal pipeline
- Funders get exposure to innovative business concepts.
How to apply:
If you are an entrepreneur with an awesome idea or business and would like to pitch to potential funders, send in your application by no later than 30 August.To complete the application form or for more information, visit http://seedacademy.co.za/leader-ex/.