The #1 task all successful entrepreneurs must do is produce content. Without producing consistent content you have no chance of survival as a business owner.
What is content marketing? Simply put, it’s creating content that will increase leads, build reputation, and ultimately generate income. Even simpler, it informs your audience about your services and products and builds relationships.
Our job, as business owners is to produce content that will enhance lives, transform situations and increase pleasure all by focusing on our prospect’s needs and the benefits we provide them. This is what we are now in the business of – marketing!
With all the advances in technology nobody listens any more.
We record our shows and fast-forward through the ads. We skip past adverts on our smart phones and tablets. We simply don’t have the time or the desire to read adverts we don’t ask for or need.
While consumers are surfing right past banner ads and continuing to tune out traditional and intrusive marketing, they increasingly prefer authentic, trustworthy, customer-focused information that content marketing delivers when done properly.
Different ways to deliver content
How do we market our content?
- Social media
- Pod casts
- Radio appearances
- Live speaking events
- White papers
Content marketing is about building relationships and talking to people who want to hear what you have to say. So, what does it take to be a great content marketer?
What effective content marketing entails
- Research. You must become proficient in researching your topics. Make sure you are reading industry news so you are up on the latest trends and details.
- Consistency. People can be fickle. If you aren’t producing regularly they will forget you.
- Dynamic interactive communities. Create content that allows interaction – social media platforms, blog comments, or live chats.
- Network. Getting to know people intimately.
- Be a great listener. Everyone has value and there is always learning when we listen.
- Curiosity. Great content creators are curious by nature. They ask questions and challenge status quo.
- Plan. Make a plan and stick to it. Outlining the distribution and topics is a must.
Read Next: 10 of the Best Content Marketing Tips