Are you new to project management? Would you like to understand the core aspects of project management? Do you want the knowledge and techniques to take on important projects while keeping stakeholders informed and remaining in control? Join us for the Fundamentals of Business Project Management.
Who is it for?
People who are relatively new to project management whose background may be in management, finance, operations, IT, HR, engineering, architecture, construction, or any other functional area.
How will you benefit?
Gain insights into and knowledge of the planning, financial and people aspects of project management. Understand the methods and apply the techniques of project definition, planning, implementing and controlling. Adapt these to suit projects in your organisation.
How will your organisation benefit?
Delegates, who may lead projects or be key team members, are able to apply their skills to meet business requirements. They gain the knowledge and learn the techniques to deliver projects successfully.
- Project definition and planning
- Interface with the sponsor and stakeholders
- The work breakdown structure
- Estimating time, resources and cost
- Scheduling with computer software
- Tracking of progress, cost and quality
- Risk identification and management
- Developing a high-performance team
- Controlling scope changes
- Practical project control
- Handling project issues
- Communication and reporting
- Procurement and contractual aspects
- Avoiding common causes of project failure
- Closing the project.
- Venue: Wits Business School, 2 St David’s Place, Parktown
- Dates: 18 – 22 July 2016 & 31 October – 4 November 2016
- Cost: R20 790
- Contact: Sindiswa Nambondia
- Phone Number: +27 (0)11 717 3778
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org