Research shows that public speaking is our greatest fear after death. If you go to a funeral, most people would rather be in the casket than have to present the eulogy themselves!
It’s so sad that so many entrepreneurs miss so many golden opportunities to express their opinions and sell their companies. Even the most successful businessmen want to run when offered a microphone and a podium to present the contents inside their heads and hearts.
So where does our primal public speaking fear come from?
- Our Social conditioning creates huge fears and resistance around speaking in front of groups.
- Our educational systems do not teach us the most important and empowering of life skills: how to communicate.
The great divide
The late American comedienne Phyllis Diller once said “No wonder our children grow up so confused: we spend the first twelve months of our children’s lives teaching them to walk and talk and the next twelve telling them to sit down and shut up!”
Just think about the times back in school when you were made to deliver orals and speeches back in the classroom: you were probably forced to stand in front of the class like a toy soldier with your arms glued behind your back or frozen at your sides.
You also had to try and remember your speech by heart and were probably ruthlessly judged by a strict and terrifying teacher with giggling mean children as your audience!
Your inner child always remembers these bitter and painful first public speaking experiences. The damage is done in our early years and we live in fear for the rest of our lives.
If this isn’t bad enough, our educational system teaches every subject under the sun, except for the most vital subject: how to communicate effectively! These include:
- How to use your voice to sell and succeed and express yourself effectively.
- Learning how our brains function and how to think on our feet.
- How to use and read body language effectively.
- Understanding Emotional Intelligence.
- Sales, relationship and motivational skills.
Re-learning how to communicate
A lot of communication skills training surprisingly involves re-learning how to communicate with the emotional freedom of a small child. We help entrepreneurs to:
- Release emotional blocks that affect your communication ability.
- Free your natural powerful voice from inhibitions and tension
Once you do this, you can achieve your true communication potential! You can learn to discover your true self, express your true talents, and achieve the business success you are looking for.
COMMUNICATION TIP: Try and analyse where your fears of public speaking come from. Did you enjoy doing orals back at school? Were you encouraged to express yourself freely and confidently as a child? Do you trust your current communication ability?