A research survey in the US concluded that public speaking is mankind’s second greatest fear after death. As an entrepreneur, you need to conquer this fear before you can succeed.
Entrepreneurs don’t automatically just grow their businesses. They don’t just succeed either. If you look around your industry at the successful entrepreneurs, they all have one thing in common: they know how to communicate effectively and they are able to sell themselves and their ideas, products and services.
Communication = growth
If you want to grow your business and be more successful, it is very important that you learn how to communicate successfully. As an entrepreneur it is vital to have the confidence and skill to go out there, sell your business and to engage with and build up a client base. This means that you need to learn how to present yourself and your value proposition very effectively, and you need to be able to achieve client buy-in.
A lack of confidence and nervous weak communication can sabotage and destroy your business. Your clients first need to trust you and believe in you before they will trust your professionalism and competency. The problem is that most people are very insecure when it comes to presenting and selling. The confidence and communication test
When you have to present and sell your business:
- Do you get nervous and tense before and during the presentation?
- Does your breathing become shallow and breathy?
- Does your voice tremble or you stumble over your words?
- Do you ever go blank and forget what you want to say?
- Do you lack confidence and feel disempowered?
If you answered yes to any of these questions isn’t it about time you conquered your fears? Confident entrepreneurs have the ability and skills to sell and build client relationships.
The real results
By developing your communication skills, you will achieve the following results:
- Really boost your confidence levels
- Learn how to control stage fright, nerves and tension
- Develop a powerful speaking voice
- Learn how easy it is to think-on-your-feet
- Create effective Power Point slides
- Become a strategic communicator and presenter
- Sell and motivate your key messages
- Take your professional presentations to the next level
Luckily these are all skills that can be learnt. They are not just the resource of the lucky few. The choice is yours, so make 2013 your year of success. Choose to stand out, succeed and build your business this year.