I was recently on a skype video chat with a new friend and entrepreneur, Tracy Gore, I realised the importance of gratitude in our daily lives as high achievers and contributors to the world at large. Think about this: When you render your service or product to a client, who is paying for it anyway, but they thank you with the most honest words and sincerity.
Related: The Pursuit Of Happiness
Would you jump at the opportunity to help them again? Of course you would. Also in the example of some of the most famous, rich, people are some of the least fulfilled, when they have everything to be happy about. Why?
“Gratitude is the state of being in which we feel connected to everything in the Universe.” Deepak Chopra
Here are 6 examples of how gratitude has changed peoples lives:
- Armand van Rensburg. My wealth and fulfilment really started the day that I decided to be grateful atleast twice a day. Twice a day I’d think about what I was grateful for at that moment, sometimes the same things, but realising I was blessed beyond words to be chasing my dream is where the fulfillment came from. The contentment that no “thing” can give you, and that is in fact, chosen.
- Lewis Howes(School of Greatness). ”The key to wealth is gratitude, and wouldn’t you know it’s the key to just about everything else as well. Fall in love with gratitude.”
- Anthony Robbins(Anthony Robbins Foundation). “The antidote to fear is gratitude. The antidote to anger is gratitude. You can’t feel fear or anger while feeling gratitude at the same time.”
- Eric Thomas(ETInspires). “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.”
- Raymond Aaron(author, pro speaker). The more you express gratitude for what you have the more you will have to express gratitude for.
- Brian Tracy. “Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to
you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.
So you see, some of the most successful entrepreneurs and achievers of our age attribute so much to gratitude, it should be one of the key skills/resources in your toolbox.
Check out my youtube video on the “Power of Gratitude.”