If you’ve ever felt this, let me assure you that you aren’t alone. Even the most together and driven people can have doubts about where they are headed. One of things I do is work with people and businesses to help them through these things by working with proven strategies for emotional, business or technical and ‘Little Voice’ strategies. They work too. Let’s take me as an example:
I’ve always been one of those people who was able to do things, but never really thought I could – been there? I used to be shy, could not talk to people let alone sell anything… I had lots of dreams and at various stages I achieved them, but I was never really sure how.
They started with travel dreams – visiting South America, India, Africa… Career dreams followed– management accountant, business analyst, consultant, programme manager and CIO. Slowly, each dream was achieved. Only when I reached the ‘top’ did I realise it was not for me.
Do you know that feeling? This is not a sob story, I loved every stage of my personal and career growth. But I did realise that perhaps my dreams and goals were not actually right.
Figuring out where you want to go
Now I am at 50 finding the path of what I really want to do. I’ve done this through using the ‘Little Voice’ techniques I am now working with, and through using strategies to help me past the ‘stuck’ stage. But do you want to wait that long?
Do you want your dream sooner and to be able to leave a legacy? I’d like to increase the living standards of everyone in Cape Town by transforming the workplace. This is not about BEE. It’s about YOU. We have to do it ourselves.
Do you have a vision, but are frustrated you can’t make it into reality. Have you got so far with it and then – what? – stopped, got bored or are just in denial and want to move on? Maybe you just can’t get out of the chaos stage – can’t see the wood for the trees.
Do you have a franchise that you just don’t feel is supported right, or not enough training in certain areas? Your franchisor or manager is not in your world and does not understand what’s going on?
Everyone is different. So what can you do?
- Learn about yourself:
- Who are you?
- What is your real goal or vision for yourself?
- What is it that makes you passionate?
Most people have never stopped to think about it! I didn’t…
- Learn how to be the person you want to be – don’t wait until you have millions in the bank – go out and get it!
- Recognise that all great entrepreneurs and sales people have mentors, teams and coaching to get them to success.
Realise you are not Superman (or woman)… so don’t try to be. Odds are, you’ll fail.
- Learn the ‘Technique of Reach’. Go out there into the market and find out what people want – then make sure your products or service meet that need.
Your little voice, sales and success
What is your ‘Little Voice’? It’s that voice in your head when you were reading earlier saying “what’s she talking about?” I have a whole choir! You need to learn to:
- Ignore the Little Voice that tells you: “you don’t need to contact people” to be successful!
- Challenge the Little Voice that tells you: “You’ve made your target” when you are only half way there because you can now cover your expenses.
- Listen to the Little Voice that keeps your energy high!
Remember the toughest sale of all is the one to yourself!
Your Little Voice can be your biggest enemy or your greatest ally. But if you are unconscious about it, it will rule you and sabotage your best efforts. What most people fail to grasp is the gut wrenching, teeth gnashing, laying-in-bed-fretting roller coaster that comes with having a business.
Business is a personal development workshop that you can never walk away from… but the better you master yourself and your team, the more money you will make.