Those who find that something is lacking in their lives tend to be guided by people who possess that certain “something”. This is true in both private and professional life, and above all on the path to business success.
It therefore seems legitimate to regard the people in question as role models and copy their style. This, however, mostly leads to disappointment because the results you want usually fail to materialise – contrary to your expectations.
Why? Because each person is an individual and has their own unique qualities. Those who try to imitate somebody else find that it doesn’t fit with their own personality and negates their individual strengths. And then a lot of potential remains unused. The main priority is this: remain true to yourself and have the courage to develop your own individuality.
Related: Bonding with your Customers
It is far more rewarding to only take on certain practices and procedures from others that are compatible with your own individuality.
Then you can easily use the experiences and attitudes from your role model to develop your own unique individuality. By doing so, you will have a highly effective resource at your disposal to boost your own business success. The following suggestions may be helpful for you:
- Make of list of people whom you hold in high regard and from whom you would like to learn something.
- Consider carefully which special qualities and practices you admire in your role models.
- Check whether these qualities and practices match your own individuality.
- When the situation lends itself, spend some time talking to the people and ask them how they developed these skills.
- Find out what is important to them, what motivates them, what their values are and what they do to be happy as a person.
- If you remember yourself how pleasant it was to feel a genuine interest during a conversation, then you will understand exactly the positive effect this has on the other side.
Incorporate the relative aspects into your professional life, but always remember to stay true to yourself!