The ENGEN Pitch & Polish competition, powered by Raizcorp, is celebrating its 5th successful year of discovering the nations’ most promising local entrepreneurs. In partnership with Engen Petroleum Ltd. and supported by national media partner, SAfm, 2014 promises to be even bigger and better. Local partners have already jumped on board to support their budding entrepreneurs.
The 2014 title is officially up for grabs, along with more prize money!
Pitch & Polish believes that entrepreneurs struggle to raise finance, not because their ideas are flawed, but because they often don’t know how best to pitch their business or ideas effectively. The workshops and competition are held across the country and are designed to address this very real need through a lively and interactive learning experience.
To date, the annual event has changed thousands of lives and continues to measure the change by staying in touch with contestants and monitoring their progress.
Unathi Njokweni-Magida, Group Transformation Manager from Engen Petroleum Ltd., shares five key elements the judges will be looking for this year:
- Entrepreneurs with a deep understanding and passion for the type of business they want to establish
- A business idea that fills a gap in the market
- A clear understanding of the customers’ world
- The service or product offered should have potential for diversification and growth
- Provide compelling evidence of research and financial viability
“It goes without saying that the five criteria should be delivered by an entrepreneur with fire in their belly and a hunger for success!” adds Unathi.
To find out more about ENGEN Pitch & Polish or to register visit www.pitchandpolish.com.