Finance directors (FD) are highly qualified and skilled. This means they come with a price tag to match.
If your business has reached mid-tier level and generates turnover of more than R20 million per annum, then it is time to start considering an FD.
Reasons to consider an FD:
- Your business turnover is higher than R20 million
- Your company has become too busy for you to control the finances alone
- Your company is growing at an accelerated rate and you can’t risk losing financial control
- If your other responsibilities as MD are taking a backseat to your financial responsibilities
- If you’re experiencing financial challenges and you need help with survival solutions
- You want to improve cash flow systems and raise business finance
- If you’re thinking of selling up or exiting the business.
Because of the financial expense of an FD, consider the needs of your business and whether you can a) afford a full-time FD or b) need one full time. If you fall into the latter category, part-time FDs are available in South Africa through the FD Centre. See FD Centre for more information.