The publishing world is changing fast with an enormous influence being the advent of electronic media. You have to weigh the pros and cons of launching a printed magazine vs. an online ezine. There are certain steps to take when starting a publishing company:
- Reserve a company name with the registrar of companies
- Lodge formation documentation with Cipro – register the business entity of choice
- Open a business bank account
- Register with the local receiver of revenue
- Register with the department of labour
- Register with the Commissioner according to the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act.
Besides these steps, any printed magazine that you intend to publish should be registered with The Audit Bureau of Circulations of South Africa (ABC).