- (Slideshow) 6 Soul Stirring Quotes from Martin Luther KingPosted 193 days ago
- (Slideshow) Top 10 Self-Help Books of All TimePosted 251 days ago
- (Slideshow) Setting Up a Home OfficePosted 260 days ago
- (Slideshow) Movies Every Entrepreneur Should WatchPosted 264 days ago
- (Slideshow) Quotes to Fuel the Fire of Young EntrepreneursPosted 269 days ago
- (Slideshow) Using Your Business Plan to Monitor ProgressPosted 270 days ago
- Competitor Analysis ExamplePosted 272 days ago
- (Infographic) Bring Out Your Sales SupermanPosted 272 days ago
- (Slideshow) Sir Alex Ferguson’s 8 Best Management QuotesPosted 301 days ago
- (Directory) Private Sector FundingPosted 309 days ago
Business At A Glance
- Startup Costs: Under $2,000
- Home Based: Can be operated from home.
- Part Time: Can be operated part-time.
- Franchises Available? No
- Online Operation? No
Starting a business that manufactures andsells custom-made baskets is an incredible enterprise to get rolling,simply because people from every walk of life are always searching forthe perfect piece of functional home decoration.
Using a wide varietyof raw materials, ranging from rattan to wire, will provide you withnot only the material required to make the baskets but also results ina varied and interesting product line. If you don’t know how to basketweave, don’t worry; you can always take a few instructional classes orlocate other basket weavers and sell their finished products.
Marketingthe baskets can be accomplished by establishing accounts with retailersto stock and sell the baskets, as well as by hiring a direct salesforce to host home parties that feature the complete basket productline for sale.