- Competitor Analysis ExamplePosted 7 days ago
- (Infographic) Bring Out Your Sales SupermanPosted 7 days ago
- (Directory) Private Sector FundingPosted 43 days ago
- Bob Skinstad: Playing to His StrengthsPosted 55 days ago
- Seven Life Lessons for Start-Up SuccessPosted 68 days ago
- How to Write a Funding ProposalPosted 71 days ago
- Ballsy Business CardsPosted 97 days ago
- Sample Marketing Plan TemplatePosted 180 days ago
- Business Plan Format GuidePosted 669 days ago
Event and Party Planner
Business At A Glance
Startup Costs: $2,000 – $10,000
Home Based: Can be operated from home.
Part Time: Can be operated part-time.
Online Operation? No
If you love to plan and host parties and special events, then startingan event and party planning service will be right up your alley. Eventand party planners share common personality traits; they aredetail-oriented, well-organized, good communicators and very creative. In a nutshell, event and party planners are responsible for organizingand hosting special events such as wedding anniversaries, birthdays,graduations and award ceremonies for their clients.
Duties can includecreating and sending out invitations, selecting event locations,decorations, arranging for entertainers and speakers, selectingcaterers and menus and just about everything else that is required topull a special event together and put it on without a hitch, includingarranging to get everything cleaned up after all the guests have left.Networking, networking and more networking will be your main marketingtool for attracting and keeping new business, peppered liberally withadvertising in newspapers, the Yellow Pages and direct-mail fliers. Youwill also need to build a reliable team of contractors; businesses andindividuals who you can call on and rely on to supply products andservices required for hosting events on time and on budget. The morereliable your team is, the more successful and profitable your eventand party planning service will be.
Businesses and individuals who are planning special occasions and events.