- (Directory) Private Sector FundingPosted 16 days ago
- Bob Skinstad: Playing to His StrengthsPosted 28 days ago
- Seven Life Lessons for Start-Up SuccessPosted 41 days ago
- How to Write a Funding ProposalPosted 44 days ago
- Ballsy Business CardsPosted 70 days ago
- Sample Marketing Plan TemplatePosted 153 days ago
- Business Plan Format GuidePosted 643 days ago
Business At A Glance
Startup Costs: $2,000 – $10,000
Home Based: Can be operated from home.
Part Time: Can be operated part-time.
Online Operation? No
Garden arbors have become a very popularlandscape feature that thousands of homeowners are opting to include intheir gardens. This creates a terrific business opportunity for theinnovative entrepreneur to capitalize on by starting a homebasedbusiness that manufactures and sells garden arbors. If you have theability, you can design your own trademark arbors.
Or, if you arelacking in design talent, plans are readily available at most buildingcenters for constructing garden arbors. Only a small workshop space andbasic tools will be required for this endeavor. Establishing allianceswith architects and landscape designers will enable you to capture thecustom made-to-order arbor market. Or you can opt to create standardarbors that can be sold to building centers wholesale. Do not overlookthe power of the Internet in terms of marketing the arbors, as this isthe type of home improvement product that is not readily available inevery community, so some people will seek out the product via the Web.