- (Directory) Private Sector FundingPosted 19 days ago
- Bob Skinstad: Playing to His StrengthsPosted 30 days ago
- Seven Life Lessons for Start-Up SuccessPosted 43 days ago
- How to Write a Funding ProposalPosted 46 days ago
- Ballsy Business CardsPosted 72 days ago
- Sample Marketing Plan TemplatePosted 155 days ago
- Business Plan Format GuidePosted 645 days ago
Business At A Glance
Startup Costs: $10,000 – $50,000
Part Time: Can be operated part-time.
Online Operation? No
Turn your passion for kayaking into a profitable full- or part-timeenterprise by starting a kayak tour business.
Offer outdoor enthusiastsvarious tour packages’a half-day beginners’ course, a full day ofpaddling including basic training and lunch and weeklong paddlingexcursions including overnight campouts on islands and beaches. Ideallocations for this type of venture are coastal areas of the UnitedStates and Canada, as well as states and provinces surrounding theGreat Lakes.
Current rates are in the range of $65 per person forhalf-day tours, $120 for full day and $1,200 for weeklong toursinclusive of transportation, overnight gear and meals. Multiply thesenumbers by six and you have the potential to earn $3,000 per week andmore having fun, enjoying your sport and living it up in the greatoutdoors.
You will need to invest in five or six fiberglass or plastic touringkayaks and related equipment including life jackets, dry bags, sprayskirts and paddles, as well as suitable transportation for six, and atrailer to carry the kayaks and gear.