- Application Deadline: Tuesday, 13 September 2016
- Start date: 3 Oct or 1 Nov 2016 or soonest start date (depending on notice period)
- Salary: Salary is Cost to Company and strictly based on relevant experience and current earnings (expect a 10-15% increase on current earnings).
The EMTS Group is looking for a writer and administrator to work predominantly for Entrepreneur Magazine (EMSA) and also on writing and administration work that spans sister companies Smart Company Networks (SCN) and ThinkSales (TS). This position requires client administration and high writing output – demonstrable experience in both is required.
Only individuals with writing qualifications and experience will be considered.
- Relevant Degree
- Minimum 3-5 years’ work experience in PR, online or print media
- Experience in client liaison and/or client management
- Experience in business writing an advantage
- Experience in SEO an advantage
- Own car and cell phone
- Located in JHB.
1. Duties Include:
- Creating online content for corporate accounts:
1.1 Advertorial Writing and Administration for Entrepreneur Magazine (primary role, majority of time and attention)
- Writing client advertorials for Entrepreneur Magazine
- Liaison with advertisers on changes and approvals on advertorials for Entrepreneur Magazine
- Assisting the editor with administration tasks
- Writing internal collateral content to support the sales team.
1.2 Writing for Entrepreneur Magazine and Website (secondary role)
- Writing articles for Entrepreneur Magazine as and when required
- Writing SEO content for Entrepreneur Magazine’s website monthly.
1.3 Writing for SCN Client Accounts (secondary role)
- Writing engaging online articles for client online portal and newsletters as and when required
- Sourcing and managing expert comments/articles responses
- Assisting the editor with administration tasks.
1.4 Writing for ThinkSales Projects (secondary role)
- Writing engaging content to support training programmes as and when required
- Writing engaging content to support newsletter programmes.
- The successful candidate will embrace this demanding position and rise to its challenges through:
- Time management: Punctual and deadline driven
- Committed: Becoming a committed, positive member of the production team
- Dedication: Putting in extra hours whenever required, without question
- High output
- High attention to detail
- Patience and professionalism in dealing with clients
- Deliver 100% excellence, 100% of the time
- Ability to adhere to pre-defined structures
- Regularly exceed expectations
- Reports to Managing Editor / Production Director
- Salary is Cost to Company and strictly based on relevant experience and current earnings (expect a 10-15% increase on current earnings)
- Equal opportunities position with scope for growth
- Contract (three-month probation).
About the Company
Entrepreneur Magazine was launched in South Africa in April 2006 and is published by Entrepreneur Media SA (Pty) Ltd under license from Entrepreneur Media Inc, US. The magazine was launched in the USA more than 30 years ago and is successfully published in a number of countries including Mexico, China, Philippines and India.
The South African edition is currently the best-selling business magazine per issue on the newsstand in SA and is the winner of seven significant industry awards for publishing excellence and outstanding design and editorial: www.entrepreneurmag.co.za
SmartCompany Networks (SCN) has been operational for 7 years. We provide our clients with content for their websites in the form of blogs, e-newsletters, videos, white-papers amongst others, and we offer content management services: www.smartcompany.co.za
ThinkSales Corporation (TS) was launched in 2010 and is a leading sales management company that assists sales leaders grow high performance sales organisations through four pillars; people, sales skills, sales engagement and sales management. ThinkSales is the exclusive licensee in Southern Africa & the Indian Ocean Islands to B2B Sales & Coach Consultancy, Prime Resource Group and SelfManagement Group. It also owns the highly acclaimed Annual ThinkSales Sales Leadership Conference and ThinkSales Magazine. See more at www.thinksales.co.za.
How to Apply
- Please submit your fully detailed CV with a covering letter AND at least 3 samples of your writing published in the last year to: to Janine Lombard at email@example.com
- Ensure you mention the Position Reference (Writer & Client Administrator) as we are recruiting for various positions at the same time
- CV Deadline is strictly Tuesday, 13 September 2016 at 17h00. No late applications will be considered.
- Note: No telephonic interviews. Should you not hear from us within one week of the closing date for this position, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.