The Allan Gray Orbis Foundation believes that a solid education is the starting point for any entrepreneurial journey and its High School Scholarship opportunity is available to learners who demonstrate the potential to excel academically and show financial need.
The Scholarship provides the brightest grade 6 learners from across South Africa with the opportunity to map their future. Applications open on the 17th of June 2016.
What You Need To Know
The Scholarship covers full high school tuition and boarding fees. In addition, Scholars will receive allowances to subsidise travel, stationery, prescribed books, toiletries, school uniforms, civilian clothing, pocket money and extra-mural activities.
Scholars also participate in the Foundation’s Development Programme, which aims to develop an entrepreneurial mindset. The Foundation believes that a solid education is the starting point to any entrepreneurial journey and therefore chooses to partner with schools that have a track record of excellence. Successful Scholars will have the opportunity to attend one of the Foundation’s placement schools.
- Academic requirements: Applicants must achieve 70% or higher in Mathematics and English and an average of 70% in both Grade 5 and Grade 6
- Evidence of entrepreneurial potential:
- Intellectual Imagination: enjoys being creative and innovative
- Achievement Excellence: sets high academic and non-academic standards for self
- Courageous Commitment: must be courageous and determined, brave and persistent
- Spirit of Significance: wants to impact others and make a difference
- Personal Initiative: prepared to take action to address challenges
- The applicant must demonstrate financial need and must be a South African citizen.
How To Get An Application Form
- Visit www.allangrayorbis.org to download an application form or
- SMS “SCHOLAR and your fax number or email address” to 36777 to have an application form faxed or emailed to you (SMS is free).