The Goldman Sachs-GIBS 10 000 Women Certificate Programme for Women Entrepreneurs provides targeted support to growing small businesses through business and management training, delivered by leading faculty and industry specialists, mentoring, business advisory services and access to networking opportunities. The deadline for applications for Cohort 1 is 10 February 2012.
GIBS is looking for women entrepreneurs who fit the criteria below to apply:
- Entrepreneurs who manage their own businesses (based in Gauteng)
- Minimum of a matric qualification
- Good understanding of English
- Businesses that have an annual turnover of R300 000 to R5million
- Businesses that have been in operation for over a year
- Businesses that employ five or more people will be given preference
- The entrepreneur must be prepared to comply with the measurement requirements of the programme.
While the programme is fully sponsored, a commitment fee of R3 000 will be required upon admission (this will be refunded on completion of the programme).
The benefits of the programme are that the entrepreneurs who complete the course will be able to improve their business skills, gain access to networks and mentorship, and learn ways in which to scale up their operations.
All the information on the programme, including the application form, is available on www.gibs.co.za/10000women