Township entrepreneurship has been on the rise. There’s been an upsurge of young business leaders shaping their communities, changing the world and the way we do things through business.
They are coming up with innovative ideas and solutions to many challenges that South Africa currently faces, from a chronic medication delivery system to dry bath solutions and from medical detection kits to new incubations.
This year’s eKasi Entrepreneurship Week, happening during the Global Entrepreneurship Week in Khayelitsha in Cape Town, will feature several elements including:
- eKasi Business Venture competition
- eKasi Business Awards
- Touring eKasi
- Legal clinic consultations
- Ideas workshop
- eKasi Conference.
Five of the 30 Forbes entrepreneurs under 30 hail from Cape Town. This conference will feature all five of them and having a dialogue discussion on their initiatives and their global recognition. This will highlight the power of recognition, networks.
Who will speak?
Young community builders and entrepreneurs from different industries and professions, such as:
- International public speaker Vusi Thembekwayo
- Co-founder and chief executive of Yeigo Communications, Rapelang Rabana
- Head of corporate affairs at Capitec, Sibusiso Khumalo
- Western Cape minister for finance, economic development and tourism, Alland Winde.
When: 21 and 22 November
Where: Look-Out Hill, Khayelitsha, Cape Town.