Technology start-ups have until 24 October to enter Startup Knight, a competition that supports tech start-ups in South Africa.
Startup Knight was launched in 2012 by Byte Orbit to promulgate, support and embrace local tech startups through a disruptive competition platform.
Not only do entrants stand to win hundreds of thousands of rands in prize money, they receive ongoing support from Byte Orbit that includes infrastructure and professional guidance.
This year’s competition introduces two divisions: Concept phase and Start-up phase.
With a R100 000 cash prize, the concept phase has been themed “Moneypulation” for 2013. This stream of the competition is designed to attract visionaries with the most innovative concept phase software products that will turn heads in the financial and tech industry.
This phase has a R100 000 development cash prize and a R100 000 public relations prize. The prize will go to the start-up that has the most innovative software business that disrupts the South African tech industry.
More information about the competition
- To become a participant enter online
- Entries are open between 1 October to 24 October
- Eight concept phase finalists and eight start-up phase finalists will be announced by 25 October
- They will be required to pitch to a judging panel at Byte Orbit offices in Durbanville, Cape Town on 2 November
- On 1 November the finalists will attend a mentorship session at the Byte Orbit offices.