The Premier’s Entrepreneurship Recognition Awards – the Western Cape Government’s competition for the best local entrepreneurs – is looking for judges.
If you are a successful business owner, entrepreneur, or have experience in enterprise development, consider joining our panel of judges.
If you are selected, you will be asked to make yourself available to judge applications and select winners during September and October 2016. The panel of judges will review competition entries in 11 categories.
Broadly-speaking, the adjudication process takes place in two phases:
- Judging applications received against pre-determined criteria to determine finalists for each category
- Judging presentations by the finalists to the panel of judges.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for judges with experience in the entrepreneurship field.
- Established and successful entrepreneurs
- Business development specialists
- Senior managers in business support organisations
- Academic leaders in entrepreneurship and business studies.
Why you should consider becoming a judge?
The Premier’s Entrepreneurship Recognition Awards provide a unique opportunity:
- To be exposed to some of the most inspirational and innovative businesses in the province
- To help recognise and reward local business heroes
- To contribute to a culture of entrepreneurship in the province
- To network with fellow industry leaders in the entrepreneurship space.
Some of our past judges included:
- Simon Mantell: Founder and owner of Mantelli’s – a manufacturer of premium biscuits and supplier to major national retailers, private label clients as well as large corporates in the food service channel.
- Philip Marais: CEO of LaunchLab, a mixed-use incubator based at Stellenbosch University.
- Mike Herrington: Executive director of the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM), regarded as the world’s largest study on entrepreneurship.
Contact us today
To join our panel of judges or for more information, contact the project manager.