FEDHASA CAPE celebrates and recognises the efforts of young South Africans, and is proud to announce that for the 4th year running, applications for the FEDHASA Cape Youth Bursary is now open.
As the official voice and representative of the hospitality industry, FEDHASA Cape understands the sector’s role as a key driver of economic and employment growth. However the success of the industry is reliant on professional standards, which need to be developed and ingrained at the learning and training level of future industry members.
As such, FEDHASA Cape has invested in education through the FEDHASA Cape Youth Bursary initiative aimed at offering financial assistance to the future leaders of the hospitality industry.
FEDHASA Cape is calling on students and trainees currently in the employ or studying at FEDHASA Cape member institutions and establishments to apply for the FEDHASA Cape Youth Bursary by noon, on the 31 August 2016. Entrants, who are currently in their 2nd year of studies or going into their final year in 2017, can apply for this bursary. Successful candidates stand the chance of being the recipient of a bursary to the value of R50 000.
Requirements for Applicants:
Applicants must demonstrate a serious and passionate interest in pursuing a career in the hospitality industry and provide:
- Proof that they have successfully completed their second (2nd) year of studies or on your way to your final year.
- Your Academic Performance (your marks).
- Applications should be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from the applicant’s lecturer or teacher.
- Supply a Letter of Motivation why they would like to apply for this bursary.
- Supporting evidence of financial challenges that could affect continued study opportunities.
- Completed Application Form attached.
- Copy of applicant’s CV.
- Applicants need to be S.A. citizens.
Conditions of the Bursary:
- These funds are to cover the costs of the student’s tuition fees, and the recipient is therefore the College/Training Institution/ Training Provider.
- In the event of the recipient of the bursary NOT completing his/her studies, FEDHASA Cape has the right to ask the College or training provider to refund the money and/or give it to another deserving student from the list of nominations identified by FEDHASA Cape
- The College or Employer to report to FEDHASA on the progress of the student twice during his/her studies. [Ideally during June & December of each year.]
Read next: Fundamentals Of Business Project Management