With the launch of Richard Branson’s new book, Screw Business as Usual, Virgin Unite and the Branson Centre of Entrepreneurship have release eight ways to, yip, screw business as usual.
- Capitalism 24 902 is here – doing good is good for business. Businesses all over the world must start going the extra mile – all 24 902 of them (which is the length of the earth’s circumference). It’s time for everyone to get involved and do what is right for people and the planet.
- Power to the people. Every single one of us can – and must – do business differently.
- Stop saving the world: start reinventing it. Shift the focus from ‘charity’: take risks, invest in social innovation – entrepreneurial ideas and energy can change the world for good.
- Give it everything you’ve got. If you’ve got it, use it – products, services, people, suppliers, communications, investment funds, contacts and clout – use all your business assets to deliver social and environmental impact.
- Break the silos. Embrace unlikely marriages – join forces with government and the social sector to deliver new business models for health, education and other ‘human services’.
- Value Mother Nature. Work with nature – not against her. Valuing and harnessing her wonderful natural assets is the biggest entrepreneurial opportunity of our lifetime.
- The global village is here. Technology is giving us the power to see – and solve – problems across the world. As global citizens, business leaders can and must help grow new leadership forces that know no boundaries and whose only agenda is that of humanity.
- Community power. The power of individuals is great – the power of communities is greater. Inspired wisely, your communities can exponentially increase the impact you have on the world.
Read the book: Screw Business as Usual is available from all good book stores.