Green Office Week (GOW) takes place annually in April to coincide with Earth Day, which is celebrated on 22 April every year.
The national campaign aims to motivate and inspire business to adopt behaviours that respect the environment by living the values of recycling, reducing and re-using as much as possible.
During the week organisations are asked to introduce or re-focus on making changes that can reduce their environmental footprint, save money, meet the organisation’s sustainability goals and commitments.
In 2013, GOW takes place from Monday 22 to Friday 26 April. This year’s theme is ‘Lead the Team. Keep it Green’.
How to participate
A different green activity has been identified for each day of the week.
- Monday – save water
- Tuesday – reduce carbon emissions
- Wednesday – save electricity
- Thursday – reduce waste
- Friday – green your company events.
- Reduced operating costs by saving water and power consumption
- You can use your green credentials in your marketing activities
- You will be doing your bit to save the environment.