Are you looking for co-founders, partners, coaches, core team members or even a job opportunity with the French business community in Cape Town? Please join us for an evening of creativity, inspiration and passionate conversations in one of the most prestigious venue in Cape Town.
The Cap 40 Gala is an annual event which aims at promoting business or individuals for their outstanding performance and contribution to the French-South African business community in the Western Cape.
The programme for this evening of festivities has a plethora of activities: From wine tastings of the best Cape Town farms products, to 3D printing demonstration, and of course pitch contests and a delicious diner prepared by the Radisson Hotel chef. This delightful event will certainly open your mind to new ventures.
Related: Business Plan Format Guide
Here are the different awards that will be given during the ceremony. Anyone that is matching criteria’s can apply. For the Young Entrepreneur of the year Awards, a
pre-online voting will be organised on Facebook to nominate the winners.
- Best Entrepreneur: This award will honour the women or men under 35 years old who creates the business that help our economy grow!
- Best French Tech Initiative: We will award the prize for the best tech product or service of the year. Apps, telecommunications, electronic, IT… Whatever your new digital business, show us how innovative it is.
- Best Speaker of the year: One of the Cap40 speaker of this year will be awarded for his relevant and fascinating interview.
- Gout de France: You’re starting to promote our French tastes in the Western Cape? Our heritage, our cuisine, our wines … More than savoured, it’s a patrimony that should be built-up and showcased.
- Best Trade & Investment: You’re willing to build an international trade or investment network? The Western Cape needs to affirm its position as a global partner of choice. Stand up for your idea.
Who can apply?
- Any French or south African business
- The business needs to have operations in the Western Cape.
- The business should not be able to raise funds easily from traditional banks or funding agencies because of the risks involved and early stage of the project.
- The business should be at the idea or pre-revenue stage.