The Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Fellowship applications are closing 31st August. The Foundation believes that a solid education is the starting point for any entrepreneurial journey.
The Fellowship opportunity is therefore available to 1st year university students who demonstrate the potential to excel academically and show entrepreneurial potential.
The Foundation with its ever-growing ecosystem offers a lifelong support base for their Fellows. Their role is to nurture, facilitate and create an environment where success is possible.
The Fellowship opportunity includes a full university scholarship, mentorship, entrepreneurial mindset development and exposure to thought leaders.
Access to postgraduate funding is available to those who excel in the Fellowship Programme and their undergraduate studies. Fellowship applicants need to be able to show a keen interest in leadership and entrepreneurial thinking.
Mandatory requirements to apply
- Be a citizen of South Africa
- Have a belief in the future of your country
- Be an ambassador of the Foundation’s intended profile
- Be studying towards a degree in Commerce, Science (excluding Medicine), Humanities (majoring Politics, Philosophy or Economics), Engineering or Law
- Be studying at the following universities WITS, UJ, UCT,NMMU, Rhodes, UWC, Stellenbosch, TSiBA, UFS or UP
- Have a minimum average of 65% for your 2016 mid-year (June) exam results
- You cannot be older than 22 years of age in the year of your application
How to apply
- Visit www.allangrayorbis.org to download an application form, or
- SMS “1st Year and your fax number or email address” to 36777 to have an application form faxed or emailed to you (SMS is free)
- Watch this video to learn more about the Foundation experience and purpose.
- More information is available at www.allangrayorbis.org and www.facebook.com/allangrayorbis.