In South Africa the biggest challenge for employers is the balancing act of achieving productive employees without breaking any labour law.
Ivan Israelstam, one of the writers of the Labour law for Managers – Practical Handbook, offers a one-day seminar on Walking the labour relations tightrope.
You will learn from the wrongdoings of a fictitious company called Mile High Airlines, and will receive detailed input on how to balance labour relations principles with labour law compliance and the effective management of:
- Manpower planning and recruitment
- Screening and selection
- Job descriptions and person specifications
- Job advertisements
- Reference checking
- Pre-employment testing
- Recruitment and selection legislation
- Probation and induction
- Acting appointments and legal pitfalls
- Retention of key staff
- Training and development design and implementation
- Career pathing and succession planning
- Effective supervision
- Performance improvement, motivation and teamwork
- Employment equity and discrimination
- Discipline and dismissal
- Fairness and the CCMA.
Delegates will be sensitized to the common mistakes made in carrying out these functions. They will also learn how to carry out each function effectively without breaking the law.
If you’re interested in taking the course, please contact Ivan Israelstam on email@example.com