Many entrepreneurs believe that the franchise fee that is paid up-front ensures a proven business methodology and future wealth, particularly in South Africa, where franchising as a concept has taken off. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Unfortunately it is much tougher to make any business succeed.
Anything that is worth something will require hard work. There are no miracle franchises out there just because the name of a franchise is well known does not make success a given. It will take your personal skills and qualities to make your franchise profitable. You will also have to commit to your franchise for it to become successful.
Here are a few key criteria for success:
- The willingness to take full responsibility for all aspects of the business and not be dependent on the franchisor to make your business work. The location of your business, the time you have to invest, your management skills, and changes in the marketplace will all have an impact.
- An ability to repeatedly execute a predefined system and not try to reinvent it all the time. The franchisor must be open to new ideas to ensure continuous improvement of the system. However, the franchisor has rules and procedures that are designed to protect you and your fellow franchisees. And the only business model the franchisor knows how to support you on is the model you purchased. One of the most important things to understand as a franchisee is how to lead while following. Lead your employees and your business but follow the system. Following a different route will defeat the purpose of buying a franchise.
- Provide sufficient working capital from your own resources to ensure that you remain committed. Know that you will not make money right away. You will need to pay an initial franchise fee, and, depending on the business, you might have to sign a lease, pay for signs, inventory, marketing, salaries, and royalties, all before you’re making any money. It can take several months to several years for a franchise to start making a profit.
- Stick to a brand name and do everything you can to build it. A good franchisor will provide a proven brand that will continue to be successful if all franchisees remain committed to the system.
With Hundreds Of Franchise Options Out There, Choose The One You Can Trust
If you’re looking to invest in a business venture that offers you years of experience in the industry, the trust and loyalty of its customers, and franchise support from an expert team – then Hi-Q is the one for you.
What you’ll become a part of
Since opening their doors in 1999, Hi-Q has gone from strength to strength, growing a humble three store enterprise into an extensive 130-store franchise network with a unique multi-product and multi-services automotive offering.
Hi-Q’s approach to business is centred around being ‘the one you can trust’ to their customers, their suppliers and their franchisees.
“That has always been the key driver in everything we do,” says Sean Harrison, Hi-Q’s Managing Director. “For example, when it comes to our customers, they need to know they can rely on us to put their safety first.
That we’ll always strive to offer them expert, friendly service and top of the range products, while also keeping up-to-date with the latest technologies and advancements in our field.”
An acclaimed and awarded brand
Hi-Q has again and again proven themselves to be a leader in the industry.
They’ve been voted South Africa’s No.1 tyre retailer for eight consecutive years (2010 – 2017) by consumers in the Ask Africa Icon Brands Survey, the biggest of its kind in Africa – a clear indication that they are respected and trusted by their customers.
Hi-Q Franchisees all have the support of an expert and knowledgeable team with years of experience in the industry, who are available to guide them on their business venture. This includes areas of business such as marketing/promotional, commercial, organisational structure, tools and equipment, sales and more.
Franchisees also have access to various skills training opportunities for members of their team.
Hi-Q is invested in providing their network with the tools needed to thrive and grow in an ever-challenging market.
Relationship with Goodyear
Hi-Q has the support and backing of international tyre of multinational premium tyre manufacturer, Goodyear, and its full value proposition. This means access to incredible promotional and marketing opportunities in partnership with the brand.
Hi-Q has embarked on an extensive expansion plan and have identified areas of opportunity to extend their Franchise footprint growth countrywide.
You’ll find more information on our website www.hiq.co.za We’d like to invite those who are interested to become part of our team to contact 011 663 2431 or email@example.com
The Digital Headaches Of A Franchise Marketing Team
Here are my top 5 tools that can help control and regulate franchisees marketing with minimum friction.
Franchise marketing teams already know that managing campaigns for a business with multiple locations and/or stores is a time-consuming job.
When it comes to online marketing, many franchisees are frustrated with the mother brands’ national campaign strategy, as it may not suit their immediate needs. This often means they embark down the dangerous route of “rogue” or unapproved campaigns.
This is a huge risk for any brand as there is limited to no control over the message and quality of creative, often resulting in brand CI and best practices not being followed.
Rogue advertising can be totally avoided by a franchises’ marketing team by employing tools that allow them to set up a managed process where franchisees can advertise through. With a managed approval process (preferably automated) it is easier to manage “rouge” content.
Here are my top 5 tools that can help control and regulate franchisees marketing with minimum friction.
1. Create a consistent Facebook content experience whilst still allowing your franchisees to post to their own page
Facebook location pages makes it possible to, as an alternative, allow every store to open a Facebook page, each with different versions of your logo as their profile picture, as well as incomplete profile data or even old or past promotions as their cover image. You as a brand manager can set up each store as a location page on the brand’s main FB page.
The pages can all be linked to the main page and if you change the profile image or cover art, it will automatically update all the other pages. There are also a number of other marketing advantages to this, but most importantly for me was the ability to manage them all from a single interface and clean up all the old and abandoned pages that just confused customers.
2. Manage social media content
Gain is extremely simple to use and connected to all the popular social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. As a user, you can create posts or ads and schedule them all from the same window. Once said posts are scheduled, the marketing team can preview the content and approve it for publication or request changes all within a matter of seconds. Best of all, nothing will get posted without your approval.
3. Free professional looking content in a template
Pablo is an old favourite of mine! It supplies predefined size templates where a user can use free professional stock photos and quickly overlay text. The feature I love most on this tool is the “insert logo” feature, which with the click of a button can overlay a banner or brand element that creates consistent content experiences. Once done, you can export the image and post it to gain for approval. Simple right!
4. Create email alerts for when your brand is found online
Talk Walker alerts is a nifty tool and acts like your personal internet detective who constantly crawls the internet for keywords that you define. I like to use my clients’ brand names and sometimes even my competitors just to keep tabs on their activity. Once set up, you receive daily emails with links to the content in question.
5. Pre-approved marketing creatives and targeting with machine learning optimisation
Lead Gener8or tool can define a bespoke target audience per store and lock advertising geographical areas to prevent any cannibalisation. Once completed, franchisees can execute pre-approved marketing campaigns as and when they wish on any of the integrated channels (SMS, Email, Facebook, Google and Youtube), without any further involvement required from the marketing team.
Powered by big-data machine learning, campaigns are automatically optimised while in flight. Marketing teams can monitor all campaigns in real time. This tool really is a game changer for franchise marketing teams and brand managers.
With these tools correctly implemented into your business, the digital headache of your franchise’s marketing team can subside and focus on what you do best, delivering results!
Choose A Job You Love, And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life
Join Col’Cacchio’s 26-year-long love story.
- Joining fee: R125 000
- Monthly management fee: 6% of turnover
- Monthly marketing fee: 2% of turnover
- Total investment: approx. R2.5m to R4.2m (turnkey) Size: 140m2 to 350m2
- Unencumbered cash (before loan): 50% of total investment
(Above figures exclude VAT)
“Owning your own restaurant is like owning your own future.” – Dominic Dempers, Franchisee Durbanville, Belvedere & Meadowridge Cape Town
We’re looking for passionate franchisees who will love our brand as much as we do.
Why you should join this delicious success story
- Assistance with site selection & lease negotiation
- Store design & build
- Full training provided for management and staff
- Marketing & operational support
- Product innovation & menu development
- Efficiency in all systems
- Healthy margins.
“Our journey started with a single restaurant on the foreshore with the aim to serve the very best pizza around” – Greg Mommsen, Business Development Director
“Watching this brand grow and empowering people has been immensely rewarding. We have staff that have been with us for over 20 years. It’s like a family, we work hard, we laugh, we cry, we celebrate and of course, we eat a lot of pizza.” – Michael Terespolsky, Founder and Managing Director
“Becoming a franchisee is an amazing opportunity to join the family and become part of the Col’Cacchio success story. We’re 100% behind out franchises at every step, making sure that we all continue to learn and flourish” – Greg Mommsen, Business Development Director
“It has been filled with challenges along the way, but all the rewards have made every moment worth it.” – Michael Terespolsky, Founder and Managing Director
Visit www.colcacchio.co.za or call Tarryn Godley on 084 800 7264 and let’s get this adventure going.