Junior Chamber International South Africa is a nonprofit organization that is a part of Junior Chamber International, a worldwide community of young active citizens between ages 18-40 who share the goal of creating positive change. JCI members contribute to the advancement of the global community by creating positive change in communities in over 100 countries. JCI members lead projects in the areas of Business, Individual, Community and International Development. They meet, learn and grow.
JCI SA offers regular events and conferences for members to attend and gain from.
Junior Chamber International’s program stem from four areas of Opportunity through which members can acquire or refine leadership skills and benefit society. The Areas are:
Activities within JCI are geared toward increasing individual members’ personal development and helping them to reach their full potential. Junior Chamber provides members numerous opportunities to develop skills as officers and project leaders of local and national organizations and of communities. To provide members with the best personal and development training. JCI offers many programs as well as certification from its International Training Institute. By helping individual members acquire experience as decision-makers, JCI contributes to the development of tomorrow’s community and business leaders.
JCI provides its members with the necessary contact, leadership, and personal business growth through numerous forums and programs to develop themselves as young entrepreneurs and business executives. The JCI Business Academy offers members the opportunity to certify their business skills, and is the first worldwide JCI program operated totally from the web. JCI strongly supports business development in all lands as a means to eliminate poverty and human suffering.
JCI believes its members are an investment in the present and future well-being of their communities. Junior Chamber members agree, strongly endorsing the philosophy “think locally, act globally. ” Members and community sponsors alike know that helping their community has an impact on their state or region, that a regional project will benefit their nation, and that works performed on a national level can have a tremendous impact internationally. Affirming the final line of the JCI Creed, “That service to humanity is the best work of life,” members plan and carry out tens of thousands of JCI projects each year in thousands of communities, making a positive impact on society.
In an increasingly interdependent world, members realize the need for international collaboration, tolerance, and peace. JCI offers members numerous opportunities to understand and be involved in global issues. Through international conference, academies, programs, Twinning (sister-chapter relationships), and business exchange, Junior Chamber enables members to promote goodwill and attain a deeper understanding of the global challenges of tomorrow.
Black Management Forum (BMF)
The Black Management Forum (BMF) is currently the only black management organisation in the country. The Black Management Forum is an organisation that promotes the development and empowerment of managerial leadership amongst black people within organisations.
To attend regular branch networking forums with renowned and topical speakers.
- Annual conference
- Annual achievement awards
- Reduced rates for conferences and seminars
- Membership card. This entitles you to benefit on loyalty programmes such as travel, car rental, accommodation, shopping rewards and many more.
- Career development through mentoring by other members who are experts in your market or industry.
Telephone: +27 11 784 4407
Consulting Engineers South Africa (CESA)
In 1952 the South African Association of Consulting Engineers (SAACE) was established, as a voluntary association of independent consulting engineers in private practice. In August 2008 the Association transformed from the SAACE to Consulting Engineers South Africa (CESA).
Consulting Engineers South Africa (CESA) is a business support organisation representing the engineering industry of South Africa. CESA helps members to negotiate contract conditions, resolve contractual disputes, interpreting conditions of contract, rules and regulations and liaising with government and other industry bodies on contractual and legislative issues.
- Industry challenges are tackled through collective advocacy at the local, provincial, national and international levels of government.
- CESA assists its members in negotiating contract conditions; resolving contractual disputes; interpreting conditions of contract, rules and regulations and also liaising with government and other industry bodies on contractual and legislative issues.
- Promoting best practice procurement methodologies focusing on the value and quality of the service rendered.
2. Networking & Knowledge Sharing
- CESA stages a number of local and international events throughout the year where significant networking and learning opportunities are always prevalent, not only for member firms, but also client related organisations and CESA’s Partners.
- These events include regional visits, meetings, international trade missions and conferences (a calendar of events hosted by CESA can be found on the website: www.cesa.co.za)
- CESA distributes a fortnightly newsletter with latest news flashes regarding events/developments within the consulting engineering
and related sectors.
- CESA publishes an informative quarterly magazine focusing on its activities and initiatives in the market place.
3. Business Support
- CESA, as the radar of business opportunity, gives business support to members through:
– the identification of business opportunities locally and internationally;
– the identification of best practice methodologies and guidelines;
– a restricted medical scheme through BEPMEDS;
– the provision of access to PI Insurance (at very competitive premiums);
– Advisory Notes on various industry related topics and
– the provision of best practice contract documentation, guidelines, policies and procedures.
4. Contractual Affairs
- CESA supports its members in contractual matters and procurement legislation.
- CESA ensures that member firms remain informed about legislative changes through liaison with government and related industry
- CESA is an important participant and contributor in regard to the Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) and the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA).
- The provision of Case Studies relating to insurance claims.
- Legal Risk Management services are provided at no cost to members through its designated insurer
5. Market Intelligence
- CESA regularly provides its members with current Industry information and market surveys focusing on local, regional and international perspectives.
- CESA conducts bi-annual economic analysis of market conditions with its Biannual Economic and Capacity Survey which provides management information to member firms with competitive insights.
6. Public Sector Support
- CESA is committed to helping client entities achieve effective service delivery.
- Capacity building programmes are provided to assist public sector entities in acquiring the status of “informed client”.
- CESA has created a special purpose vehicle, the Project Development and Facilitation Alliance (PDFA) to achieve this end.
Tel: +27 11 463 2022
Foundation of African Business & Consumer Services (FABCOS)
FABCOS focuses on township and rural-based formal and informal businesses. Membership is voluntary and open to anyone who supports the objectives of FABCOS.
Foundation of African Business & Consumer Services (FABCOS) is a membership-based organisation that promotes the development of Black business in South Africa. Part of their many services includes networking, marketing expertise, research, and making empowerment opportunities available to historically disadvantage South Africans.
- Regular workshops
- Training opportunities
- Access to business opportunities
- Access to research information
- Quarterly networking business
- Help with finance
- Business seminars
- Funeral and life cover scheme
Telephone: + 27 11 333 3701
Start-up Advice2 weeks ago
Outdoor Versus Indoor: How Different Conditions Will Impact Your Budding Marijuana Business
Business Ideas Directory2 weeks ago
300 Business Ideas To Inspire You Into Entrepreneurship
Women Entrepreneur Successes1 week ago
How A Serious Car Accident Led Founder Relebohile Moeng To Starting Afri-Berry
Are You Suited to Entrepreneurship1 day ago
Entrepreneurship: The Secret To Reaching Entrepreneurial Success And Fulfilment In Life
Lessons Learnt1 week ago
(Slideshow) Top Advice From Local Entrepreneurs That Will Change Your Business In 2019
Company Posts2 weeks ago
Travel At The Touch Of A Button
Performance & Growth1 week ago
Taking Care Of Business
Company Posts2 weeks ago
Access To The Best In Travel Excellence