Black Business Women’s Association (BBWA) has formalised the business activities of black women in South Africa to ensure and encourage networking and access to business opportunities.
- Free networking sessions – usually afternoons
- Inclusion in the BBWA Directory
- Access to BBWA’s local and international businesswomen’s networks as well as participation in trade missions.
- Link your business to the BBWA website
- Leadership and business development training
- Updates on legislation concerning economic empowerment of black businesswomen.
Tel: +27 11 783 1094/ 7540
Women in Finance
Women in Finance exists to create an innovative environment that empowers women to develop successful businesses throughout Africa through collaboration, support, diversity and challenge.
Women in Finance have over 350 companies and entrepreneurs in its networking community. These companies have interests in Southern Africa, and are closely linked with the Eastern Africa Association and the EU through its membership of the Business Council for Africa.
- Breakfast, lunch and evening networking events
- Hot Tables Event, which features 9 or 10 hosts that are experts in their various fields
- Access to training in all aspects of skills required to be in business. These include
- Investment management
- Business assurance
- Retirement planning
- Managing personal finance
- National Credit Act information
Tel: 084 353 9865
This is an online networking directory for women in business that designed to provide wider exposure across different industries.
This online directory is for working women to advertise their businesses, products, services, skills and resources. Net-workingwomen is a tool that aims to connect working women globally, to share, list, support and grow their businesses online.
- Free newsletter
- NGO links
- Business links
- Free listings
South African Women Entrepreneurs Network (SAWEN)
SAWEN supports women who are planning to start their own businesses or women who own or manage an enterprise that generates profit and in turn contributes towards growing the South African economy.
This networking programme is designed for women entrepreneurs to help them to face the process of starting their own businesses. SAWEN is for women entrepreneurs who operate with the South African SMME sector, and especially those seeking gender equality in the business arena. It is a Registered as section 21 company and is established in all nine provinces.
- Capacity building
- Organised international educational and empowerment trade missions (Beijing, Morocco, India, New York)
- Joint marketing of products
- Group buying of input materials or services
- Joint tendering or bidding on contracts
- Sharing of information on new markets and opportunities
- Sharing of containers when exporting
- Using members of the network as suppliers or distributors
Tel: +27 861 843 384
Start-up Advice2 months ago
9 Quotes Every Entrepreneur Should Live By
Lessons Learnt2 months ago
15 Wise Insights From 15 Entrepreneurial Icons
Company Posts2 months ago
Enhance Your Entrepreneurial Flair With An Online Postgraduate Diploma From The University Of Pretoria
Personal Finance2 months ago
If You Think These 5 Things, You’ll Never Get Rich By The Time You’re 30