This networking programme is designed for women entrepreneurs to help them to face the process of starting their own businesses. SAWEN is for women entrepreneurs who operate with the South African SMME sector, and especially those seeking gender equality in the business arena. It is a Registered as section 21 company and is established in all nine provinces.
- Capacity building
- Organised international educational and empowerment trade missions (Beijing, Morocco, India, New York)
- Joint marketing of products
- Group buying of input materials or services
- Joint tendering or bidding on contracts
- Sharing of information on new markets and opportunities
- Sharing of containers when exporting
- Using members of the network as suppliers or distributors
Tel: +27 861 843 384
Women in Finance
Women in Finance exists to create an innovative environment that empowers women to develop successful businesses throughout Africa through collaboration, support, diversity and challenge.
Women in Finance have over 350 companies and entrepreneurs in its networking community. These companies have interests in Southern Africa, and are closely linked with the Eastern Africa Association and the EU through its membership of the Business Council for Africa.
- Breakfast, lunch and evening networking events
- Hot Tables Event, which features 9 or 10 hosts that are experts in their various fields
- Access to training in all aspects of skills required to be in business. These include
- Investment management
- Business assurance
- Retirement planning
- Managing personal finance
- National Credit Act information
Tel: 084 353 9865
Black Business Women’s Association (BBWA)
The Black Business Women’s Association was formed to help previously disadvantaged businesswomen so that they could share their mutual learning and experience with each other.
Black Business Women’s Association (BBWA) has formalised the business activities of black women in South Africa to ensure and encourage networking and access to business opportunities.
- Free networking sessions – usually afternoons
- Inclusion in the BBWA Directory
- Access to BBWA’s local and international businesswomen’s networks as well as participation in trade missions.
- Link your business to the BBWA website
- Leadership and business development training
- Updates on legislation concerning economic empowerment of black businesswomen.
Tel: +27 11 783 1094/ 7540
This is an online networking directory for women in business that designed to provide wider exposure across different industries.
This online directory is for working women to advertise their businesses, products, services, skills and resources. Net-workingwomen is a tool that aims to connect working women globally, to share, list, support and grow their businesses online.
- Free newsletter
- NGO links
- Business links
- Free listings
- Listening To These 8 Audiobooks On Success Is A Better Use Of Your Long Commute
- 4 Lessons From The Pivotal Group Founders On Growing And Disrupting All At Once
- Sennergi’s David Hounson 4 Tools To Help Weather The (Entrepreneurial) Storms You Will Face
- The Best Conversion Rate Optimisation Tips To Help You Grow Your Business
- How To Make Speedy Decisions As A Leader
- What Kind Of Leader Are You?
- Surge In South Africans Swopping Their Cars For Bitcoin
Start-up Industry Specific2 months ago
How Do I Start A Transport Or Logistics Business?
Business Plan Advice2 months ago
Writing a Business Plan May Not Be Your Idea Of Fun, But It Forces You To Build These 4 Crucial Habits
Company Posts6 days ago
Enhance Your Entrepreneurial Flair With An Online Postgraduate Diploma From The University Of Pretoria
Entrepreneur Profiles2 months ago
10 SA Entrepreneurs Who Built Their Businesses From Nothing