The Technology and Human Resources for Industry Programme (THRIP) supports research and technology development, and aims to enhance the quality and quantity of appropriately skilled people. THRIP focuses on extending research cooperation between the universities, science councils and industry partners in order to improve South Africa’s technological and economic competitiveness. It is an advisory body, providing strategic advice and guidance.
Tel: +27 12 481 4043
Fax: +27 12 481 4197
- To increase in the number of black and female students who wish to pursue technological and engineering careers;
- To promote technological know-how within the SMME sector,
- To improve competitiveness of BEE’s through technology
- To support multi-firm projects in which firms collaborate and share in the project outcomes, provided that one of the industrial partners involved, is a BEE.
- Calling for research proposals that meet the criteria.
- Evaluating the proposals and selecting those to be supported, using specialist panels.
- Disbursing the approved funds
- Monitoring performance in terms of financial management, student training, technology development and technology transfer.
Business Skills of South Africa Foundation
BSSA thus trains both start-ups and entrepreneurs wishing to grow their businesses. The Business Skills for South Africa (BSSA) Foundation is a private sector agency established by Price Waterhouse Coopers and the National Industrial Chamber with the object to support SME ‘s. This is done through business skills transfer to owner-managed businesses and to business advisers.
Small Enterprise Development Agency (Seda)
The role of Seda role includes the support and promotion of co-operative enterprises, particularly those located in rural areas. It also provides small business support through a grid of seda-coordinated information and advice access points
Tel: 0860 103 703
Fax: 27 12 441 1219
Member Services Offered:
- Business plan assistance
- Assistance with links to finance providers
- Courses, seminars and workshops
- Networking events
- Assistance with marketing plans
- Mentorship program
- Online brochures, publications and annual reports
Technology2 weeks ago
3 Things Africa Must Get Right If It Wants To Leapfrog Into The 4th Industrial Revolution
Lessons Learnt4 days ago
What Comfort Zones? Get Comfortable With Being Uncomfortable Says Co-Founder Of Curlec: Zac Liew
Company Posts1 day ago
Two 20 Year Olds Reshape Entrepreneur Landscape With New Social Investment Platform
Business Landscape1 week ago
How Schindlers Attorneys Became Involved In The Landmark Cannabis Case
Branding2 weeks ago
Why You Should Prioritise Brand Image
Get Organised1 week ago
How To Multitask Like Tim Ferriss, Randi Zuckerberg And Other Very Busy People
Increasing Productivity2 weeks ago
Take Responsibility For Your Company’s Culture To Boost Productivity
Entrepreneur Today4 days ago
AlphaCode Awards R16 Million To Fintech Start-ups In One Of SA’s Richest Start-up Initiatives